Wednesday, August 16, 2006

"Getting Things Done"

This book by David Allen is rockin my world. I'm still wrapping my brain around it but it's already making a difference. Definitely get the book, but the wikipedia summary is good and here's the whole process in a few simple graphs (pick one).

here's another nice summary.

also see

- the 43 folders wiki
- lifehack
- a Wired News story on the cultesque status of this movement

- for a summary of various software options for implementing GTD, see Getting Things Done Software Systems, part 1 and part 2 by downloadsquad.

2 comments:

Joe said...

My only concern after reading all the info on this book...and this really has little to do with the book itself...is my "experience" with those who are guided by such works can be *obnoxious* about their personal management and time efficency. In other words, they can't turn it off when you're in their company. The result is feeling like you're around a really organized person who treats you like another file folder. I wonder if the author discusses this possible outcome.

Matthew Cornell said...

Thanks very much for the link, Stephen. Much appreciated.

Regarding Joe's comment, I completely understand. I think some people get so excited about Allen's work, that they "get the FEVER!" I wrote a little about it in Getting Things Done stages - Saints, Prophets, and Evangelists?.

Thanks for the blog!