Saturday, December 09, 2006

that which is primary

i am appreciating afresh the lausanne covenant and affirm that it provides for us an anchor in an ever shifting and variegated theological landscape.

i am tired of any impulse to push the theological edges and of any inordinate focus on the fringes.

i reject the new which is nouveau for its own sake.

i am tired of controversy.

i am tired of words crashing against words. ego in strife against ego.

i long for the simplicity of love and gratitude for jesus christ and for what God has done for us and in us through his beautiful Son.

Psalm 131

1O LORD, my heart is not proud, nor my eyes haughty;
Nor do I involve myself in great matters,
Or in things too difficult for me.
2Surely I have composed and quieted my soul;
Like a weaned child rests against his mother,
My soul is like a weaned child within me.
3O Israel, hope in the LORD
From this time forth and forever.

NASB

Jesus is the answer. if we are not lost in Him, we are lost in that which is secondary.

even so, come Lord Jesus.

No comments: