Emerging Scholars Network
The Emerging Scholars Network apparently isn't associated with the emerging church conversation and looks very interesting. I took advantage of its free membership a couple of days ago.
Their mission statement is:
The Emerging Scholars Network is called to identify, encourage, and support the next generation of Christian scholars, at all stages of their academic careers, who will be a redeeming influence within higher education as they:
Love God with heart, mind, soul, and strength as they follow God's call in discipleship and spiritual formation;
Exhibit excellence in research, teaching, and service;
Influence the university, the church, and the world by practicing their disciplines from a profoundly Christian viewpoint;
Embody the gender, ethnic, and social diversity of the church within the academy.
I'm interested in this group because of my interest in transpropositional leadership development.
There are a number of good benefits for members:
- a lifetime 30% discount on InterVarsity Press books,
- a 40% discount on Eerdmans books,
- a 20% discount on Zondervan books,
- a discounted 5$ a year subscription to Books and Culture,
- a discounted $10 a year subscription to the Christian Scholar's Review, and
- a discounted a year subscription to Mars Hill Audio Journal ($27-cassette, $35-CD).
and they have a number of other interesting features as well.