Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Neat Things Happening in my Backyard

Cornerstone is currently co-pastored by Bruce Hopler and Ron Willoughby. Their team approach to pastoring began in November of 2003. For the co-pastorate to work Hopler and Willoughby invest a minimum of 4 hours per week together to insure healthy communication, accountability and relationships. The two pastors share the teaching responsibility. This oftentimes includes the two teaching together in a dialogue or ‘tag-team’ format. The congregation has grown by 50% in the last 9 months and has cast a vision for giving away 51% of its annual income by the year 2010.

I had the chance to meet Ron Willoughby a couple of years ago and found him to be a fine fellow! I hadn't heard of the great things going on @ Cornerstone until recently!

2 comments:

tony sheng said...

I know how you feel about it being right in our backyard... BTW, I didn't make it to the cohort the other night either, but I think Ron's name was on the invite.

Dean said...

Greetings all. I attend Cornerstone and must say that it's an excellent environment and am excited about all that's happening. I was at the cohort the other night, Ron didn't get to make it, I didn't think to invite him either.

I shared this with a few people that night.

Two weeks ago I was waiting patiently to talk to Bruce and Ron. As I waited they were talking to a family who was new to the area. That morning was their first morning visiting Cornerstone. Bruce and Ron were talking to them and were brainstorming about other churches that the might be a better fit for them. This blew me away and continues to... we have awesome leadership.