Thursday, March 02, 2006


music

I noticed last.fm a few days ago via Joe Thorn. Now Joe has a post up on it. It's a free music player that plays according to your musical preferences. So for example, I tell it I like Rogue Wave, Wilco, and The Avett Brothers and it plays music from these guys as well as from groups and singers who are in the genre ranges of the ones I like. Pretty cool.

You can skip songs you don't like (even block them so they won't be played again) and mark the ones you really like. There is much more to the site than this, but this should be reason enough to check it out.


Steve McCoy points us to last fm

Similarly, I have been totally enjoying pandora, which seems to be about the same thing.

my nano is my #1 audio modality, but I like pandora for introducing me to new stuff I might like.

No comments: