Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Being Incarnational


Man, this guy is so on it.

In addition to the 6 Cooma MP3's that jordon is posting, I found these 3 talks (scroll down to "Related Resource") from Mike Frost's Jan 2006 presentation to the Youth Ministry Roundtable of the Evangelical Fellowship of Canada.

I can't recommend it highly enough for those who are seeking an emerging model of incarnational church.

In a couple of weeks, I'm leading a team of 10 folks for a KatrinaGrace visit to New Orleans to visit a few of the over 4500 folks that have been helped by national volunteers working thru Trinity Church in Covington, LA and the Compassion Ministry of the Evangelical Free Church of America. I found Mike's material directly relevant to what we'd like to accomplish there, particularly his emphasis on letting folks just tell their story.

I also just received in the mail Mike Frost and Alan Hirsch's The Shaping of Things to Come which I'm looking forward to reading.

No comments: