Thursday, October 26, 2006

just entertainment: heroes

Beth and I have been totally enjoying Heroes. It's about several individuals who come to realize that they have different kind of superpowers. It's definitely comic bookesque but not unintelligent. And it's also a bit like Lost in that it's teasing out the larger story - not sure exactly what's going on.

The character we enjoy this most is a Japanese guy named Hiro who learns that he can bend time and space. He's completely hilarious and this is the fulfillment of a fantasy for him because he's a total comic book geek. And he doesn't yet speak a word of English (though last week we learned that he will).

There's also a je ne sais quoi ab the show that I can't quite put my finger on. If I read above, for example, on someone's blog, I'm not at all sure I would rush and watch an episode. I guess what I'm saying is that the only way to know for sure if you'll like it is to give it a try. If you want to catch up on the show, you can download episodes here (not sure if it's all of them or not).

In other TV, we also love Battlestar Galactica (simply awesome and nothing like the 70's series). I'm a big Sorkin fan but the bloom is coming off the rose for me for Studio 60. Loved the first episode but it's been downhill from there.

No comments: