Sunday, November 05, 2006

Ted Haggard Apologizes to His Church


The Associated Press released this a few minutes ago. This from a letter read to New Life this morning:

"I am so sorry for the circumstances that have caused shame and embarrassment for all of you," he said, adding that he had confused the situation by giving inconsistent remarks to reporters denying the scandal.

"The fact is I am guilty of sexual immorality, and I take responsibility for the entire problem.

I am a deceiver and a liar. There's a part of my life that is so repulsive and dark that I have been warring against it for all of my adult life.

...

...the accusations that have been leveled against me are not all true, but enough of them are true that I have been appropriately and lovingly removed from ministry."

UPDATES:

Let's pray for New Life and for Ted, Gayle, his family, and for everyone involved in this tragic matter.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

and can we pray for the men that Haggard paid to have sex with too...

Stephen said...

yes - I'll revise my request - thanks

Anonymous said...

I'm just glad that Ted came out and did the right thing, admitted his mistakes and failures. Now hopefully healing can take place for all those involved.

Stephen said...

me too, chris