Thursday, January 18, 2007

Rex Miller and Carl Raschke

"I expressed my interest and burden for the tent-makers of this world. Business people, moms - ordinary folk - who are spiritually mature, passionate about the Kingdom but discouragingly underutilized in their churches. I find this same story common as I travel and speak. The established church is boxed in by its own inertia traditional thinking.


So - we said - let's find a place and a time in April, set aside a half-day and invite any and all tentmakers we know who feel they have more to offer but are having a hard time finding traction in their church or need help in fashioning a true tentmaking ministry.

So - stay tuned and let me know if you are interested."

- my good friend Rex Miller, who wrote The Millennium Matrix and blogs here, met Carl Raschke, who is the Chair of the Department of Religious Studies at the University of Denver and wrote The Next Reformation: Why Evangelicals Must Embrace Postmodernity, this past Monday. Rex blogs about it here.

If you have an interest in the April gathering Rex mentions, shoot him a note.

No comments: