Monday, August 19, 2002

Good News about Chris Temple!!!

this from the Temple's friend Amelia Hendricks in an email sent today at 4:15 PM ET:

-------------------------------

It is my great joy to share with you that God has not only given us Chris for another day, but that his condition is IMPROVING!! His blood pressue is 110/70 on only one (instead of 3) special IV medicine and his heart rate is 110 also! Praise God!!! His infection is "under control" and there is no more bleeding. Praise God!!! His oxygen levels are better and he is recieving less support from the breathing machine. Praise God!!! They anticipate starting dialysis today or tomorrow as a bridge until his kidneys regain function, which they anticipate will occur. Praise God!!! His blood acid level continues to normalize. Praise God!!! One doctor has even said that if Chris continues to improve at this rate, he could be out of intensive care and in a regular room by this weekend! Praise God!!!
I believe one reason God took Chris to the depths of the pit was for modern medicine to realize that only the LORD can claim responsibility for these changes. Roberta has shared all along that many people from all over the world have been praying, and the doctors said, "Tell them to keep praying!"

Roberta is soooo encouraged, as you can imagine. God showed her in her devotions this morning that He will bring Chris through, that He has things yet for him to do. The passage was ... you guessed it... Philippians 1:22-26:
"If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know! I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far; but it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body. Convinced of this, I know that I will remain, and I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so that through my being with you again your joy in Christ will overflow on account of me."

Roberta's voice is no longer "robotic", she has the desire to eat again, and she got a few hours of sleep last night.

Some of you have asked for their addresses so you can send cards. Here it is:
Home Address:
324 W. Vincent St.
Ligonier, PA 15658
(724)995-1051
1Tim112@arczip.com

Hospital Address:
Chris Temple
Neuro ICU
UPMC Shadyside
5230 Centre Ave
Pittsburg, PA 15232

Church Address:
Ligonier Baptist Church
N. Grant St
Ligonier, PA 15658
(724)473-3001 (Tues-Fri)
www.ligonierbaptist.com

I won't write any more now becuse I want to hit the "send" button so you can rejoice with me. Please keep praying!! To God be the glory,

Amen!
Amelia

--------------------------------

Thank you for praying with us for Chris and his family. I understand that they do not have health insurance but above is great news. Please continue to pray.

Stephen Shields

No comments: